Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Starting Out

I've always wondered why people start outdoor blogs. Is it to show off their catches or kills or just something to add to the experience of the outing and to share it with others? Over the years I have become an avid reader of the local blogs about the fishing and hunting around my area. Maybe the real question is why people read outdoor blogs; why do I spend a couple hours a week reading up on other peoples reports when I should be out making my own experiences? I've realized that I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs because it's an inspiration to see others doing well and knowing that with time and practice, I too can have the same results. Reading outdoor blogs also keeps the daydreaming alive of beautiful stretches of water and the thrill of seeing a massive buck. 

I am currently a student at WSU pursuing a degree in Composite Materials Engineering. I realize that the classloads will continue to increase and my time spent in the field will diminish most likely but I know that I will still need to spend some time outdoors to keep my sanity.

With this blog I want to share my experiences along with my thoughts and feelings towards my outdoor pursuits. In the end I hope that I may be able to inspire others to spend more time in the outdoors and hopefully have some of their own experiences in this beautiful area that we are blessed to have.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment